Friday, September 23, 2011

mindful manifesto


I've been free writing most mornings according to Julia Cameron's methods in "The Artist Way." And although these morning pages are supposed to be exorcised and not shared, I'm going to go ahead and disregard that one rule because 1) I genuinely liked what I wrote on August 15, a month and a half ago and 2) its become really important for me right now to remember these ideas, nay, intentions. I have found myself reading this one passage time and time again. For these are challenging times, and in challenging times we have to embrace the values we hold dear...

I am going to be true to myself, to who I am and who I hope to be. I will embrace all my goodness, all my good intentions, hopes and dreams.

I will, likewise, look in the eye all my fears and insecurities. I will acknowledge them and befriend them.

I will be honest with my endeavors. I will be forthright about my feelings.

I will feed myself with all things nourishing: good food, good friends, good experiences.

I will allow the creative force to live through me, through my actions and through my interactions.

I will be selfish enough to recognize my needs. I will be selfless enough to be able to share my gifts with those around me.

I will love with my whole heart, mind and body. I will trust love as the supreme source of light that binds us all together. I will be an instrument of love. All things I do I dedicate to that purpose: to give love, to share love, to be love.

I will see God in all things and people and will be filled with the divine. And my life in the here and now will be heaven on Earth.


1 comment: