Thursday, February 23, 2012

new kind of love



This is month of love has really sparked many miraculous things. Love transforms. It transcends. It reveals itself so surprisingly and yet so seamlessly at the same time.

This is my newest favorite love poem. That one can love oneself as much as one can love another is so often forgotten. That one can dive into love so completely and never forget oneself is so rarely done. Love, like everything, is a balance of forces. Thank you, Sarah Teasdale, for putting it so beautifully. Thank you, Universe, for helping me better understand it.

I too "long to be/Lost as light is lost in light."


I AM NOT YOURS

By: Sarah Teasdale

I am not yours, not lost in you,
Not lost, although I long to be
Lost as a candle lit at noon,
Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.

Oh plunge me deep in love -- put out
My senses, leave me deaf and blind,
Swept by the tempest of your love,
A taper in a rushing wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment