Thursday, March 1, 2012

don't underestimate the heart











It's all I have to bring to-day.
This, and my heart beside,
This, and my heart, and all the fields,
And all the meadows wide.
Be sure you count, should I forget,--
Some one the sum could tell,--
This, and my heart, and all the bees
Which in the clover dwell.

--Emily Dickinson


I always forget the weight and breadth of my own heart. I consider it so little sometimes. And I know I'm not the only one. We so little understand/utilize/cultivate the sheer power of our heart center.

Above is such a gem of a poem from Miss Dickinson. At first the heart seems trivial in her poem, just something that is thrown in. Then she seems to say, tough it may seem small, it is so very expansive. Offering it may seem like a tiny gesture, but it is really a gigantic one because it makes whatever we "have to bring to-day" greater, first fields then meadows. It grows exponentially with love. It is filled with the generative power of nature.

If you have bees, you have honey! If you do things with a whole heart, the entire world will open up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment